Losing important files from your computer can be a frustrating experience. You end up spending hours looking for the file only to realize it was accidentally deleted or accidentally changed. It’s enough to make you give up on your search. Fortunately, there are a few ways to recover lost data from your computer. By learning how to recover deleted data from your PC, you can begin to put your mind at ease.
This guide will teach you three effective ways to recover lost data from your computer. You’ll learn how to do computer data recovery by using free software, recovering data from a damaged or deleted hard drive, and recovering deleted files from a Mac.
Free Software to Recover Deleted Data
What is the easiest way to get back lost data from your computer? Free software. There are a number of free software options you can use to recover deleted files from your PC. Here are just a few free programs you can use to find and recover deleted data from:
* Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery
* Undelete Plus
* Spotmau PowerSuite
* File Scavenger
Recovering Data from a Damaged or Deleted Hard Drive
If your hard drive is damaged or completely deleted, you may be able to recover the data from it. In order to do so, you will need a software like Norton Utilities or Data Rescue 3.
Recovering Data from a Mac
One of the best ways to recover lost data from your computer is to use a Mac. Macs come with built-in software that makes it easy for you to recover deleted files.
To do this, go to your desktop and open File Explorer.
On the left-hand nav bar, you’ll see Finder, which has a few useful options when it comes to lost data. One of the options is “Recover Files.” Click on this option and then choose the file or folder you want to recover.
Recovering Files After Deleting them
If you accidentally deleted a file, it’s not always gone forever. Even if you emptied the recycle bin or deleted the files from your desktop, you can still recover them. The first thing you need to do is download free software that can help find and recover deleted data from your computer. A popular option is Recuva. It will scan your hard drive for any lost data, including photos, documents, email messages and more.
To recover data after deleting it, use the following steps:
1) Download and install Recuva on your computer.
2) Click “Start” to launch the program and select where you’d like to scan.
3) Check “Perform quick scan” and then choose which types of files you want to search for by clicking on “Custom.”
4) Click “Scan” to start the process.
5) After scanning is complete, click “Show results” and check the box next to each file category you’d like to restore (e.g., pictures or videos).
6) Finally, click on “Recover” at the bottom of the window to save all of your recovered files back onto your PC in a location of your choice!
As you can see, there are various ways to recover lost data from your computer. Hopefully one of these methods will work for you.